I’ll admit, I was skeptical when I first came across the Swaddle Pro. As a 10 year experienced Nashville newborn photographer and former l&d nurse, swaddling isn’t all that challenging for me. However, I am all about anything that makes life easier so I was curious. So, I invested in my first Swaddle Pro over 6 months ago. Hands down, the best newborn “prop” I’ve ever invested in! You can shop using my affiliate link if you feel so inclined. I do make a small commission from use of my link, though I’d still be singing their praises even without an affiliate commission. SHOP HERE.
What is The Swaddle Pro?
I often refer to it as “spanx for newborns”. The Swaddle Pro is a fully adjustable base to put on baby under your swaddling wraps. It does all the typical hard work of swaddling for you. They offer two sizes, small and large. I initially purchased just the size small with the quiet closure. I have since added the size large and was much needed! The quiet closure is genius! No loud velcro to startle a sleeping baby if you need to adjust it.
Primarily, I am a lifestyle newborn photographer. So, lest you think the Swaddle Pro is only for studio photographers who do complicated or stiff poses, I’m here to show you how I’ve incorporated it into my lifestyle posing for both in-home and in-studio sessions. You won’t find any crazy compositions or froggy poses here friend!
- Swaddling is so much faster with The Swaddle Pro! I put the SP on first as a base. This makes wrapping quick and easy, as baby isn’t trying to push free with loose arms and legs.
- Baby settles so quickly! We all know babies like to be snug and warm, as it reminds them of the womb.
- Changing wraps is a breeze. The base remains on so baby stays warm and asleep between changes. I chose the quiet closure option and whoever invented this soundless velcro is genius! So even if I need to adjust the SP between wrap changes, there’s no loud velcro to worry about.
- Parents are always impressed with it! They see how easy it makes wrapping and they love how content baby is while in it. They often ask where they can get one, but I have to be clear that it is strictly for a newborn photography prop – it is NOT safe for unsupervised infant sleep.
- The toe peep hole enables sweet little feet photos without having to unwrap or disturb baby!
The only con I have to share with you is that you need to be mindful of how tight you go. You’ll know you need to readjust if baby’s hands start turning a little blue. This can be alarming to parents, needless to say, but it’s also not ideal for photos. So if you notice this, simply loosen the SP so full circulation returns to baby’s hands.
See it in action
Again, I love this thing so much and it’s made my life easier as a newborn photographer. If you’re on the fence, I’m here to tell you, just go for it! I do recommend purchasing both sizes so you can accommodate the sweet tiny babes and the yummy 10+ pounders. I would appreciate you shopping with my affiliate link here.
ABOUT NASHVILLE PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER AND EDUCATOR
Kristie is an experienced Nashville Newborn, Maternity, and Family Photographer. She is also known for her traditional Heirloom Portraits of children. Her work has been featured in places like Nashville Baby Guide, The Kindred Path, Maury County Living, and multiple other local online and print media sources.
Her clients enjoy a luxury portrait experience from start to finish, which includes Kristie’s assistance in planning every detail. Clients are drawn to her use of natural light, bright and natural editing style, and her unmatched attention to detail. If you would like to learn more about the KLP experience, let’s chat more!
April 22, 2023