If you are searching for a professional photographer to capture your newborn photos at home, keep reading! I have served families in the Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, Thompson’s Station, and Spring Hill areas for a decade now. I started offering studio session last year, but up until 2022 I always photographed newborns in their homes.
Capturing family’s newborn photos at home has truly become my speciality. So much so, I even launched a complete educational program last year for other photographers. While it may seem “easier”, in home sessions actually pose way more challenges than studio sessions.
Tips for choosing your newborn photographer
If you want your newborn photos at home, I recommend considering many factors in your search for a photographer:
- Browse their website: look for examples of in-home sessions in their portfolio. Don’t see many? Reach out to them and ask to see some full galleries.
- How do they handle in home light and editing? Do you prefer the light and airy style (my personal fav) or do you prefer a more dark/moody aesthetic? As a hybrid film+digital photographer, I shoot and edit with a bright and natural approach. Beautiful, natural skin tones and true to life colors – I personally make sure you don’t look like an oompa-loompa in your photos!
- How much experience do they have? Newborns are a speciality and safety is the utmost importance. As a mom of 3 myself and former l&d nurse, this is always my top priority during a photo session.
- What services do they offer to ensure beautiful portraits? To ensure you love your images, I offer complete wardrobe styling + professional hair and make-up. Not all photographers offer this high-touch experience. So if that is important to you, make sure you find a full service photographer.
- Do they offer only digital images or do they also offer printed artwork? I personally want to make sure my clients don’t end up with cheap drug store prints or worse, images that only live on a hard-drive. I offer a variety of luxury artwork products from heirloom albums, wall art, and fine art prints. Most of my clients are busy mommas and don’t want to bother with the DIY approach. I love serving my clients fully and that means ending our experience with heirloom artwork in your hands and home.
ABOUT NASHVILLE TN IN-HOME NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER KRISTIE LLOYD
Kristie is an experienced Nashville Newborn Photographer + Maternity and Family Photographer. Her work has been featured in places like Nashville Baby Guide, The Kindred Path, Maury County Living, and multiple other local online and print media sources.
Her clients enjoy a luxury portrait experience from start to finish, which includes Kristie’s assistance in planning every detail. Clients are drawn to her use of natural light, bright and natural editing style, and her unmatched attention to detail. If you would like to learn more about the KLP experience or newborn photos at home, let’s chat more!
To ensure a true luxury and full service experience for clients, KLP only books a limited number of sessions each month. We are currently booking into Spring 2023 and we would love to get you on the calendar!
February 7, 2023